I’m from the South and after reading this, I realized in everyday conversation I tend to have these slip ups! If you’re guilty of switching “and” and “to,” make sure it doesn’t transfer over to your writing.
Here is a grammar refresher on using and and to.
I see it all the time, and although it’s more a choice between casual and formal use than right and wrong, I thought it was worth writing about.
Here’s what I’m referring to:
- Be sure and visit the robotic display at the museum.
- Be sure to visit the robotic display at the museum.
- When slicing a sandwich, try and cut it evenly.
- When slicing a sandwich, try to cut it evenly.
- Stop by the display and learn more.
- Stop by the display to learn more.
- When reading, pay attention and notice mistakes.
- When reading, pay attention to notice mistakes.
- Send the kids to the beach and have a great time
- Send the kids to the beach to have a great time.
- My goal is…
View original post 120 more words